Tuesday, August 23, 2011

More stress!

So I just found out we are not 100% in the clear for the house until closing, before closing they do another quick check of your credit and employment! AHHHH!!
The other thing is finding insurance that isn't sky high for a house that is built in 1850....knob and tube wiring is still evident, but not in use, but for some reason my inspector decided to write the fact that it's still presesnt and not removed in the report and so that scared a couple insurers...
I went online and looked for quotes some of the people that called me were obviously from down south and when I mentioned an 1850 wood built home they about pooped their pants...I guess it's pretty unheard of anywhere but up here where that is pretty typical of the houses around here, most of them are at least 100 years old.
Well I am going to keep a positive attitude, but it's not over until it's over!
The house is not quite in the bag yet folks, fingers crossed, but still going to be apprehensive until it's all over.

No comments:

Post a Comment